Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ReStart and Welcome

We're almost a month into a brand new year, and I'm determined to breathe some new life into my once fairly-regularly-updated blog.  With a new name, and a new partner (more info to follow) I'm excited to get moving!



I'm ashamed to say that my last post was---yikes---over 3 & a half years ago.  The beautiful little baby featured in the photo is now a very busy 4 year old, who still loves her handknits.  This is my niece Audrey, who's wearing the Kina cardi by Muriela, which I knitted up for her last year in some delicious Quince & Co Chickadee yarn in the clay colourway.  More about Quince & Co another day, but check them out for yourselves---they make absolutely lovely yarn, and their colourways are sublime.



So much time has passed that Audrey even has a little brother now, Matthew, who enjoys a nice sweater himself.  This is him in his Abernathy pullover, again lovingly knitted up by yours truly in SMC Select Extra Soft Merino, in a great blue colourway.  Matthew is now 18 months old, and toddles around the house with his cars and trucks.  He is always ready to show you his belly, or too snuggle in with some cozy hugs---I love that guy!


My goal now is to keep the blog updated at least weekly, with the help from my new co-host here, who I'm excited to introduce: my sister Christy!  Christy & I have been sharing our love of knitting for well over a decade.  Though she took it up later than me, Christy learned quickly and in no time began to share equally in my passion for (obsession with?) finding beautiful and practical patterns, yarns, notions and accessories, and of course knitting up as many beautiful things as possible.  

Christy also has an incredible eye for style, both for the home and in clothing and accessories, and I'm really looking forward to being able to share some of her insight and ideas here too.     

Welcome. It's so good to be back. :-)



No comments: